Summer is the perfect time for a quick and easy meal that’s also kid friendly after a day at camp or pool. That’s why we’re so excited to try these baked chicken nuggets from Elizabeth Lim, the mom behind our sister site, The Beach Cities Moms. Check out the 20 minute recipe below!
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 ½” cubes
- sea salt and black pepper
- suggested dipping sauces: ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the butter and oil in a small bowl or shallow pan.
- Combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, in a small bowl or shallow pan.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken cubes into the butter/oil mixture until well coated, and then into the panko mixture until well coated.
- Place the coated chicken cubes on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through, flipping the nuggets halfway through to prevent them from getting soggy on the bottom.
- Serve immediately with desired dipping sauce.
This post originally appeared on our parent site, The Local Moms Network