Valentine’s Day usually means candy, chocolate and basically SUGAR!
We have two fun desserts that your kids can join in the fun and help create.
We also have some heart shaped dinner ideas to balance out all of the sugar!
Have a fabulous weekend celebrating everything HEARTS!
Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
12 vanilla meringues
2-3 cups yogurt covered pretzels
2-3 cups popcorn
1-2 cups vanilla wafers
2 cups mini marshmallows
1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup red licorice
1-2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries) For garnish – roses, flowers, or fresh mint
- Arrange the meringues in a “lazy snake” diagonally across the long side of the board.
- Fill in the rest of the space with loose piles of the ingredients, balancing out the weight visually as you go.
- Don’t be afraid to pile the sections high, or have it look a bit messy. It adds to the fun. Enjoy!
This recipe was contributed to The Local Moms Network by food contributor, CatwithaK Cooks.
Valentine’s Day Fairy Shake
1 Vanilla Ice Cream
Icee or a Slurpee
Festive sprinkles and conversation hearts
1) Start by putting the sprinkles around the rim of the glass. I use editable glue, you can use water or honey
2) Then start putting in the Icee or ice cream into the glass, alternating each one.
3) Put a spoonful of whip cream on top
4) Complete the shake with festive sprinkles or conversation hearts.
This recipe was contributed by our sister site, SouthOC Moms Network
Now to balance out the sugar buzz!
Make your own pizzas—you can shape the dough into a heart, add sauce and cheese & cut the pepperoni into heart shapes! So CUTE!
Or skip the cooking and call one of these local pizza places offering heart shaped pizza – this weekend only.
Cottage Inn East Lansing 517-324-4300
Hungry Howies Haslett 517-339-4333
Jet’s Pizza Haslett 517-339-9606
Pizza Hut East Lansing 517-253-7100
Pizza House East Lansing East Lansing 517-336-0033