Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
World of Winter – Grand Rapids ❄️🧣🧤
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until March 5, 2023
Experience and enjoy winter in a whole new way during the World of Winter Festival in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Attend the Glow It Up opening event on Jan. 6 – it’s a 1/3-mile luminary walk that ends at Ah-Nab-Awen Park with fire pits, a DJ and food trucks.
- Wander around 20+ large-scale outdoor art installations – from made-for-selfies angel wings to eight massive inflatable gnomes to a “house” of 128 oversize playing cards designed by artists from around the globe.
- Witness stilt walkers, fire breathers and aerialists perform in a Circus Wonderland Jan. 7.
- Get a dose of Queenly entertainment at the Winter’s a DRAG show Jan. 14.
- Learn about different local cultures at an outdoor Cultural Story Time Series Jan. 15-Feb. 26.
- See and hear musicians play a piano made of ice, Jan. 20 and Jan. 21 .
- Sing and dance like nobody’s watching at an outdoor Silent Disco on Feb. 4 (you’ll be wearing headphones).
- Visit an Ice Park to play frozen shuffleboard, plinko, foosball, chess and more from Jan. 20-28.
- Watch Ice Guru Randy Finch and his Ice Brigade transform a 5,000-lb. block of ice into a dazzling sculpture on Feb. 11.
- Register to compete for prizes in the Human Hungry Hungry Hippo Tournament held Feb. 25.
- Take walking tours of ice sculptures, art installations , downtown architecture and local black history .
All World of Winter events and activities are FREE. Food and drink is available from downtown restaurantsand food trucks. World of Winter sites overlap with the Downtown Refreshment Area, so you can walk around the Festival grounds with refreshments from participating businesses
****information obtained from World of Winter Website, more information below.